Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Session Without Gloves!

I finally braved the water temps (still around 49-55 F) and surfed in a 3/2 and 3 mm boots, no gloves. The first few minutes were what I expected; stinging, burning hands.  I eventually got used to it and it felt good.  The waves were choppy but chest high and fun enough.  Some sessions it's all about catching a ton of waves and some it's about the quality of the waves.  I caught a ton of waves but felt that only a few were actually good.  Although I have been surfing for 9 years, I still have SO much to work on and today was not giving for the work I wanted to do.  I guess any waves are better than no waves at all and every session teaches me a lesson in one way or another.  Overall, a great time surfing with the surf team.

No comments:

Post a Comment