Saturday, May 28, 2011

Summer is here, and it brought fun little waves!!!

Finally, what we here in Long Island have been waiting and waiting and waiting for.  No more 6 mil, no more 4/3, and soon, time to shed the 3/2. No boots, no gloves, and best of all, no hoods.  I can hear every splash, every drop of water, and every funny thing that the guys in the line up have to say in their thick Long Island accents. 


While the waves this weekend won't be epic by any means, warm waves, even windswell mush, is welcomed with open arms.  Yesterday morning I had a great time just messing around being silly with Danny (my husband) and a good friend.  Sometimes, that's what it's all about. Just being out there, feeling the water slide past your finger-tips when you paddle (no gloves!), feeling your toes touch sand when you hit the bottom (no boots!) and the sun warming your face.


As I write today, I am waiting for the tide to drop in hopes of a fun sun-set session.  I am also re-painting my rocket as the sun faded most of my work from last summer.  (I have also done an hour and a half Heated Vinyasa Yoga class (I can't say enough about how strong my practice is making my surfing), ran errands, and watched the new Nike 6.0 women's film "Leave A Message")). (If you haven't seen Leave A Message yet, you can download it for free on the Nike 6.0 website. I HIGHLY recommend it. TONS of shredding and none of the usual filler junk that they put in women's surf films. Great job to Aaron Leiber, who filmed and edited the whole thing).





On that note, here's to an awesome and productive summer filled with sunshine, warm waves, getting stronger and surfing harder! 


~Peace and Waves~

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous rachel it looks like an amazing time...montauk was good this past weekend 3-5 feet and glassy with some nice barrels.

    ReplyDelete